Monday, April 9, 2012

Around the Scarborough Bluffs

I had a pretty quiet work day today so between dog walks I went down to Bluffers Park. I'd run into my friends Pat and Nancy earlier and they told me there were Night Herons on the west side along the bluffs. Here is what I saw in a few different parts of the Bluffs today, click on each shot to make it bigger if you wish:

A Brown Thrasher. I didn't get a clear shot because he went into the branches and was gone really quick.


A male Downy Woodpecker:


Male red morph Eastern Screech owl who gets cuter every time I see him!


A male Gadwall (thanks Lev!)


Two Night Herons in flight!


Double-Crested Cormorant:


Turtles, turtles rah rah rah, turtles, turtles ha ha ha!


The Night Herons landed on some fences but I couldn't get too close. Their eyes are orange/brown:


The three of them flew into a tree:


A female Canada Goose on eggs. I saw a solitaire Canada Goose swimming nearby and figure it was the male. Needless to say I didn't stick around.


How smart are they? The Bluffs are so steep where they were climbing and it took them a while to get to the top.


A couple more of the Herons before they flew off:


No comments:

Post a Comment